5.10.06

My newest, most favourite outfit...

Before I start, I have to say that I was very reluctant to actually cut this piece of fabric up. It is a Sheridan sheet!! I have never owned a Sheridan sheet before in my life!! I found it at an op shop ages ago. I was just waiting for the opportunity to use it. It is soooo very soft and light. Perfect for a summer party! You can't really see from these pics but there is lace all the way around the two tiers and also across the front. I think that the lace finishes it off beautifully. I am going to make another one (this one was the trial) and next time I will use the part of the sheet that is not faded!! DOH!!! Oh well, hopefully you can't notice it too much... (who am I kidding!!! It is so obvious..) I also made a cute pair of capri's to wear underneath.. I didn't have a pattern so I just sewed with my fingers crossed LOL.. Not too bad, even if I do say so myself :D

Ok, off to get a cool drink.






6 comments:

Leah said...

Delightful! I can't believe you did that with no pattern - you clever woman!
Well done....

Julie said...

Awwww, that is so sweet! What a great job you did!

Cass said...

Angel, looks great well done.

Andrea said...

That is beautiful Angel, and no pattern! Didn't you just start sewing???? You are a very fast learner, well done!

Natalie said...

The dress is gorgeous! No pattern? Wow, I'm so jealous - I'd love to try going it alone but too scared it's end up a total mess.

lolliegirl said...

Oh noooooo!!! I made the dress with a pattern but I made the capri pants WITHOUT a pattern LOL.. sorry to confuse you all!!

Andrea- I made it from the pattern you sent me..