I have been sewing.. I'm just a lazy blogger...
Kids are back at school and my baby started daycare this year. I thought it might give me a chance to catch up on some sewing/crafting that I've been missing out on so much but unfortunately I never seem to get around to it. I've been tending to things that I can't get done with a 3yr old 'helping'. Gardening, vacuuming (She screams at me that it's too loud.. funny thing is, she is screaming louder than the vacuum!) mopping.. you know the drill!
I did manage to make this bag one night. I found the chocolate brown micro suede (I think that's what it is) in a basket at the op shop.. The pink trim was a clearance item at a sewing shop and the linging is a linen that I already had in my stash. The pattern didn't have a lining or a zip and the handles were positioned a little differently. I was not on speaking terms with the lining after awhile.. I really should have just put the whole thing aside and went to bed but I am so stubborn (and I wanted it finished so I could use it ASAP!) I soldiered on.. Firstly I sewed the lining inside out. I was just going to leave it the way it was, trying to tell myself that I was the only one going to be looking at it and that it didn't matter that there were raw edges on the inside of the bag but I just couldn't live with that. I would be looking at the inside of my bag several times a day and I knew it would get to me. Instead of unpicking the whole lot I just unpicked the zip and cut out a whole new lining. This time ensuring that I had sewn it the correct way! Assemble it all together... try it on.. DOH! I had put the lining in backwards! So now instead of having the zip starting at the front of me, it started BEHIND me! I would have had to reach back to unzip the thing! Too hard when I am juggling a mammoth 3yr old wriggly worm, so the quick-unpick and I became reacquainted.. Finally got it all in place and it looks good. Next time I think I will make it smaller.. it's a little too big for what I need now. 6months ago it would have been perfect as it is roomy enough for some nappies, wipes drink bottle, food etc... I added lots of custom pockets.. One for my phone. One for my sun glasses. One for my keys. One for a drink bottle/snacks. I also added some pen pockets too.. I am forever rummaging through my bag looking for a pen..
Kids are back at school and my baby started daycare this year. I thought it might give me a chance to catch up on some sewing/crafting that I've been missing out on so much but unfortunately I never seem to get around to it. I've been tending to things that I can't get done with a 3yr old 'helping'. Gardening, vacuuming (She screams at me that it's too loud.. funny thing is, she is screaming louder than the vacuum!) mopping.. you know the drill!
I did manage to make this bag one night. I found the chocolate brown micro suede (I think that's what it is) in a basket at the op shop.. The pink trim was a clearance item at a sewing shop and the linging is a linen that I already had in my stash. The pattern didn't have a lining or a zip and the handles were positioned a little differently. I was not on speaking terms with the lining after awhile.. I really should have just put the whole thing aside and went to bed but I am so stubborn (and I wanted it finished so I could use it ASAP!) I soldiered on.. Firstly I sewed the lining inside out. I was just going to leave it the way it was, trying to tell myself that I was the only one going to be looking at it and that it didn't matter that there were raw edges on the inside of the bag but I just couldn't live with that. I would be looking at the inside of my bag several times a day and I knew it would get to me. Instead of unpicking the whole lot I just unpicked the zip and cut out a whole new lining. This time ensuring that I had sewn it the correct way! Assemble it all together... try it on.. DOH! I had put the lining in backwards! So now instead of having the zip starting at the front of me, it started BEHIND me! I would have had to reach back to unzip the thing! Too hard when I am juggling a mammoth 3yr old wriggly worm, so the quick-unpick and I became reacquainted.. Finally got it all in place and it looks good. Next time I think I will make it smaller.. it's a little too big for what I need now. 6months ago it would have been perfect as it is roomy enough for some nappies, wipes drink bottle, food etc... I added lots of custom pockets.. One for my phone. One for my sun glasses. One for my keys. One for a drink bottle/snacks. I also added some pen pockets too.. I am forever rummaging through my bag looking for a pen..





1 comment:
Great bag and sounds like you had fun making it LOL
Post a Comment