15.1.08

I'm a big kid now...

Here is Emily proudly showing off her new shelves. I got them from Ikea. They are in the 'Trofast' series. She is such a girly girl and loves all things pink (and so do I!). We went with the pink buckets. They also had green (also nice) and a white/transparent colour but PINK is the way to go with this little princess...

I have labelled most of the tubs with the names of what is (supposed) to go in each tub. Hopefully this will encourage Emily (and her Dad!) to put things back in the right tub so we don't end up with 'whoknowswhat' everywhere.. well, that's the plan anyway! I want to get some more to put on another wall.


And here is Emily demonstrating how she sleeps in her new 'big girls bed'! Isn't it the cutest little bed you've seen! I picked it up at an op shop last week. When I got home I did some research on it and realised that it retails for about $200! I certainly didn't spend that much. Less than half that actually. BARGAIN!!! She loves it so much. Me, well I'm not so sure because it means that my little girl is growing up :(
Been a bit slack updating my blob.. I'll get back into it once the kids are back at school...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love shelving tubs. I have been tempted to get some as well. let me know how the labelling system goes as I would love to give that a try too, but I think it may just go over the heads of my kids as well as dh, LOL.

Cass said...

We've got those shelves. We love them although everything goes anywhere now as long as it's off the floor LOL

Kylie said...

Oh wow - she certainly is growing up. We have those shelves as well and I have just sorted them out and thinking of taking photos of what is in each - but I think that we need another set (Miss A just has too many toys!) But for the time being we will do a rotation thing!

Heids said...

What a great find that that bed was! She is a big girl now!

Austysmum said...

I think we need some of those for the new house! She looks cute in her bed - I love the look of the toddler beds. We have a Boori sleigh cot that we converted into a bed on the day Austy turned 2. He loves it and is so good - if he gets up in the morning before we are up he grabs a book and climbs back into bed, not getting up again until we come in and get him.