2.4.09

I have a new addiction...

I've been sewing for awhile now. Mainly children's clothes. Sometimes clothes for me (not nearly as much as I'd like though!) and various other bits and pieces for the house. I was never really interested in quilting until I made this quilt for Emily. Now I'm slightly hooked. So hooked infact that I joined a quilting/patchwork group. I love that I can go and spend a few hours talking to people about something that I enjoy doing and learning lots of things along the way. They are mostly older ladies but there are a couple of 'young'uns' there too ;) Here is my progress so far.

I'm making the 'Joys of Springtime' quilt. There is lots to be learnt making this quilt. I'm looking forward to learning how to embroider and doing some applique. I'll try to blog my progess on here.

Onto something other than sewing now...

This is what she calls the 'Princess Hairstyle'. She loves different hairstyles. I'm often asked to do 'braids' or 'platts' or 'piggy tails' or even a 'bunny tail'. I'm just grateful she'll sit still for me to do all those things!

No comments: