Well, I'm back in the land of the living (just)... The last month or so has been just horrible. All due to wisdom teeth! I had 2 top ones removed over 2 weeks (just with a local anesthetic) but I get quite sick with anesthetic so it took me extra long to recover from that and by that time it was time for me to get the second one out! Then one week after that I went in for surgery to get the bottom two teeth out (they were impacted) and for that I had to go under a general anesthetic. I am sooooo glad that I don't ever have to go through that again! (I hope! Someone PLEASE tell me that wisdom teeth DON'T GROW BACK!! If they really were WISE they wouldn't!!) Anyway, the pain was unbearable! I am a pretty tolerant person usually. I can handle most pain (hardly ever take medication unless it is absolutely necessary) but this was ridiculous! I ended up going back to see the surgeon and he diagnosed 'dry socket'.. by this stage I didn't care what it was I just wanted the pain to go away! I had been (accidentally!) overdosing myself with pain meds. It was just horrible! Anyway, two and a half weeks later and the pain is slowly easing enough for me to only have 2 panadol a day. It's really getting me down. Think about having constant pain for 2.5weeks straight and the medication that I was taking was barely taking the edge off the pain. It can really get you down! It turns out that I don't react too kindly to anything with codine in it (quite common I'm told) and unfortunately that limits the type of pain killers that you can have! Hopefully I'll be right again soon.. I'm sure I haven't been the most pleasant person to live with ;)
Inbetween all the pain and tears I did manage to do some sewing.. I made my God daughter a dressing gown for Easter. I used the pattern that the lovely Ingrid (over at lottilulu) sent me.

Please excuse the 'art work' behind the dressing gown..
So that's what I've been up to.. what have you been doing?
1 comment:
Oh no what a terrible time you have been having, I was wondering where you had been. I love the dressing gown though. Hope the teeth are better soon
Post a Comment