Here is some of what I have made in the last few days.
A-line dress with button up back.

I made this one up after seeing something similar (without the ruffles) in the shops. I'm very proud of myself as I even made my own bias binding! (just don't tell anyone that I didn't know what bias binding was until I read about it AFTER I had done this. LOL. I thought I was onto something GOOD!!) It really makes a difference to the overall finish of the dress too..

What can you do with leftover denim that your Mum gave you from the '80's? I was not impressed with the piece of denim that I found in the bag of fabric that my Mum gave to me, but I held onto it 'just in case' I needed it! (as you do!) It wasn't until I decided to make a bag (inspired by Natalie, I think it was you Natalie that recently made a bag??!?!) that the denim started to look less 'UGLY' and more 'FUNKY'. I teamed it with a hot pink lining and 'DA DAAAA!!' A new satchel! It even has a pocket inside for my mobile!! Modelled by, no other than, the devine Miss E!!!



It wasn't until AFTER I had finished making the bag that I realised that the strap pattern piece said "cut one, PLACED ON FOLD" so the strap is half the size it should be. Not that it really matters as I kind of like it better this way because it is easier to dig around the bottom of the bag with one hand when you have a baby on your hip!!
So there you have it. That is some of what I have been up to lately! I still have to get working on my softie for the swap!! I feel really bad for my recipient.. I just don't think that my softie will be as good as all the other girls :(
I had better get back to it.. Ooh, my overlocker course is this weekend.. I can't wait!!!
P.S: Don't forget to say "hi" if you pop in :D



10 comments:
You've been tagged luv!!
Oh Angel it all looks fantastic. I have made Ellyse a dress very similar to the blue one. I am in the process of doing ruffles too.....great minds!
wow you have been busy! Love the dress with the ruffles. and the fabric in the other dress is so cute.
Great bag as well.
Wow, you are a sewing machine! *pun...get it?*
You're making amazing things, they look lovely. And E certainly won't be lacking clothes for the summer!
Love those dresses Angel! So cute! The ruffle looks great, have been eyeing off ruffles on some Papoose pants Milly has and thinking, I must steal that idea! :)
Angel, that all looks great. Love the bag. Did you use a pattern for the dress.
fantastic work. I love the flower fabric :)
Thanks girls :)
Kyla- LOL!! 'sewing machine!' I get it :p..
Helen- It's amazing how much a ruffle can 'lift' an outfit! Although it can be a fiddly job sometimes it does seem worth it.
Cass- I used a pattern for the pink/orange flower dress. A vintage one from when I was a little girl *blush*. The other dress (blue flowers) I didn't use a pattern for that. Just kinda had it in my head and went with the flow LOL..
I love the dresses Angel, they are just both gorgeous! Great job on the bag too, I made a slouch bag for myself too but didn't think to put a pocket in there - might steal your idea for next time if you don't mind ;)
i have the same delema every time i make something that fits charlee lol. To sell or not to sell that is the question :)
Post a Comment